1475 Autobots

Progress: 122/355pages
A Long December
Richard Chizmar
Progress: 20%
Victory of Eagles (Temeraire)
Progress: 384/384pages
Progress: 3/76pages
G.E.N.I.E.
Michelle Knight
Progress: 12/258pages

Nope, did not work for me.

Thunderbolts (2012-2014) #7 - Daniel Way, Phil Noto, Guru eFX

It wasn't the most horrible thing I've read, but the team didn't gel or work for me at all, and while I was titillated enough by this cover - really, Punisher and Elektra?   How does that work, Marvel? - the truth is that the cover promises more than this comic delivered.

But, seriously, how gorgeous is that cover?   I actually like that they're trying for a Deadpool/Elektra/Punisher triangle, too.   Because, seriously, it's like they're trying to fit the most complexes possible into a love triangle there.

It was funny for a minute and then scary.

Still, the main problem I have with Frank/Elektra is that there's no chemistry.   They're both efficient, obsessed living weapons, so any chemistry would feel forced.   And Castle in a relationship just makes me feel... gross.   Like his character is being violated because it's being written so wrong kind of gross?

Yeah, The Punisher does not belong in a relationship at all.

Oh, right, also there was a power struggle and Gamma Bombs.   None of that made up for this weirdness or the whole intellectually castrated Leader issue?   This whole damn thing felt like Marvel going 'let's take everything that works and make it different for no good reason!'   And then they got really excited about that idea.

So, none of this worked for me.   Still, the art was good: not the most amazing I've seen, nothing overly unique about it, and more of a typical comic book style art feel.   Still, it was good enough to save a star or so.   The other thins is the author obviously did everything they could.   Deadpool was Deadpool-y and so on with all the other characters.   This just didn't work as a concept.

I may read a couple others because I hear Punisher and Elektra fight and I want to see that.   Also, I want to see if Wade tries to jump in when Elektra is frown-y facing at Frank - because that's just when Wade would do something that he considers wooing.    But I'm not going to track down all this series, not even on MU!