1480 Autobots
442 Decepticons
allhailgrimlock

Grimlock ♥ Vision

ODY-C Vol. 2
Leonard Bacon;Joseph Parrish Thompson;Richard Salter Storrs;Henry Ward Beecher;Joshua Leavitt;Henry Chandler Bowen;Theodore Tilton;William Hayes Ward;Hamilton Holt;Harold de Wolf Fuller;Fabian Franklin;Christian Archibald Herter, Matt Fraction
Progress: 10/119pages
Progress: 8%
Inhumans By Paul Jenkins & Jae Lee
Paul Jenkins, Jae Lee
Progress: 12/276pages
Bots - Tome 1 (French Edition)
Aurélien Ducoudray, Steve Baker
Superheroes: Fashion and Fantasy
Michael Chabon, Andrew Bolton, Andrew Bolton
A Long December
Richard Chizmar
Progress: 20%

So, so trope-y

The Immortal Iron Fist, Vol. 1: The Last Iron Fist Story - Ed Brubaker, Matt Fraction, David Aja, Travel Foreman

Look, I have other issues - why is fire masculine and water female which seems rather random - but mostly... so much white savior bullshit.   Why has Danny Rand lived in the heavenly city of K'un Lun and yet it's Luke Cage who calls out the Americanized Chinese take out while Rand is like 'yum, spring rolls'?   Seriously, a heavenly city has worse food than American Chinese takeout?   Alright, then.   Totally buy that.

or the fact that the last two Iron Fists are white?   This is a Chinese heavenly city, and the majority of the Iron Fists are Asiatic.   The whole thing about this being a white savior story is that Danny Rand - and apparently other Rand's - came in and co-opted the power.   (I also have a hard time believing that Rand was so easily accepted as basically native born.   But I think this was retroactively trying to make it seem like less of a white savior trope, and it failed miserably on that count if so.)

Why can Rand not master the kung fu in the book of Iron Fist secret kung fu when he has the audacity to claim that he has the best kung fu?  (After taking the chi from the previous Iron Fist, who was also white, because apparently two white men make the best kung fu ever.   Again, so much white savior trope here.  Also, he says he has the best kung fu with a straight face after admitting some of the kung fu principles were way too hard for him, so totally not a plot hole or anything...)

And it wasn't awful, not by a long shot.   I mean, yes, the whole weird racial stuff was weird as crap and awful; stripped of that, this would make an excellent story.   If I were reading about an Asian, or hell, even Asian American Iron Fist that would help so much.   If this stuck to the story instead of weird-ass gendered elements that would be awesome.   But instead, this was a really good story trapped inside a white savior story.

Sighs.  Somehow the new Power Man and Iron Fist story manages to be just a little less tropey so I can enjoy it a hell of a lot more!