1489 Autobots

Progress: 67/516pages
Batman (2016-) #40
Stephen King, Jordie Bellaire, Joëlle Jones
Dan Uri, Dennis Eisenberg
Vision: The Complete Series (Vision: Director's Cut (2017))
Stephen King, Mike Del Mundo, Gabriel Hernandez Walta, Michael Walsh
Fred Van Lente, Steve Kurth, Jamal Igle
Progress: 65/154pages
Amie Stuart
Progress: 14%
Starting Out with Python (4th Edition)
Tony Gaddis
Progress: 248/744pages

Lovely, bittersweet tale about Logan after Origin

Origin II #1 (of 5) - Kieron Gillen, Adam Kubert

I've never read Origin II; I wasn't that crazy about Origin.   Part of the mystique, part of the wounded duck aspect, that I enjoyed with Wolverine was about him having a past shrouded in amnesia.

Which kind of makes me feel awful, but there was so much to mine there!   Origin didn't do it for me, but this did.  What's better than a hole in Logan's past?   Such a well told tale.   At one point, Logan is living amongst wolves, and in fact is accepted by them - especially the cubs.   Not sure how realistic this is, but it was nice to see Logan fit in so well: he truly cared for the wolves, and they, in their own way, cared for him.   There's no dialogue, although this follows Logan along with his own inner monologue.   The wolves howl, the animals make noises, but Logan never ever talks to them, not in any human language.

It's... nice.   It feels quiet in a way that matches the natural setting this takes place in, and it's just perfect for the dynamic Gillen sets up here.

Another freebie on Comixology.