452 Autobots

BATMAN #52 ((DC REBIRTH)) ((Regular Cover)) - DC Comics - 2018 - 1st Printing
LeeWeeksBatman52, TomKingBatman52
BATMAN #51 ((DC REBIRTH)) ((Regular Cover)) - DC Comics - 2018 - 1st Printing
LeeWeeksBatman51, TomKingBatman51
Infinity Wars: Iron Hammer (2018) #1 (of 2)
Al Ewing, Humberto Ramos
Champions (2019-) #4
Jim Zub, Jacinto Benavente
SUICIDE SQUAD #46 ((Regular Cover)) - DC Comics - 2018 - 1st Printing
JosLuisSS46, RobWilliamsSS46
JosLuisSuicideSquad45, RobWilliamsSuicideSquad45
Champions (2019-) #3
Jim Zub, Jacinto Benavente

Ten Bookish Questions (meme)

Thanks to Bookloving Writer for her original post with the questions.

1. What book is on your nightstand now?

Scarlet Witch issues 2-6, Black Panther issues 2 and three, and seven Hip-Hop Variant covers of issues one from Marvel.   Also, Captain America vs. Iron Man: Freedom, Security, Psychology, the adult Iron Man novelization, the Melancholy of Mechagirl, The Avengers: Everybody wants to rule the World, and Marvel Masterworks: The Avengers Volume 11.  Electronically, Avengers and Philosophy: Earth's Mightiest Thinkers and Transformers: Windblade for a buddy read.

2. What was the last truly great book that you read?

Scarlet Witch #1.

3. If you could meet any writer – dead or alive – who would it be? And what would you want to know?

James Roberts.

4. What books might we be surprised to find on your shelves?

Romance.   With sticky, gross human sex.  Also, out of morbid curiosity, a travel book about sex stops in Europe.  I love France, and figured they'd have some nice ones there, plus it was lovely and only two dollars.

5. How do you organize your personal library?

Right now?   By characters.   Vision, Transformers, and then some by publisher/themed reading if they don't fit into characters.   Everything else is Chaos Theory.   (Not so much an inside joke as a reminder to self to read Transformers: Chaos Theory.)

6. What book have you always meant to read and haven’t gotten around to yet? Anything you feel embarrased never to have read?

Eh, nothing at this point.   If I haven't read it yet, it hasn't hit me at the right time or I haven't been interested.  I'm done apologizing or feeling bad for things I maybe should have read/seen, but didn't.   It's my life, and my time, so shouldn't I spend it getting the most enjoyment I can out of life?

7. Disappointing, overrated, just not good: what book did you feel you were supposed to like but didnt? Do you remember the last book you put down without finishing?

See number six.   I'm not going to apologize for liking something.   Or not.   Or maybe I'll say 'I feel like I should have liked this but didn't.'

Disappointing, though?   I really, really wanted to like Transformers: Retribution, but it was so full of plotholes and inaccuracies, it only served to make me really fucking pissed off.

8. What kinds of stories are you drawn to? Any you stay clear of?

Drawn to: good comics, almost anything with robots, cyborgs, synthezoids, androids, or AI, slick writing, good illustrations, thoughtful explorations of humanity, and brain candy.   It really depends on my mood.

Stay clear of: mostly human smooshing, anything with robot genocides, anything relating to the Holocaust (I need to control the information that comes in, especially in large chunks like books, so I rarely read about it because just can't), and even mostly anything dealing with real life wars.

9. If you could require the president to read one book, what would it be?

MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE!

Although this feels like a trick question.   I might hand him the books, but I don't think anyone should be required to read anything, at least on their own time.   If it relates to/is essential to work/work requires it, I can see that, but I'm against requiring anyone to read anything unless it's school/work related.

10. What do you plan to read next?

Scarlet Witch #2-6, unless I get jumping on the BR.   Have to talk to my buddy about that first, though.