1481 Autobots
444 Decepticons
allhailgrimlock

Grimlock ♥ Vision

Releasing Rage (Cyborg Sizzle Book 1)
Cynthia Sax
Progress: 20%
The Aggressors!!
Chris Hamlin, Shane Cuthbert, Marcus Harwood, Dan Lee, Chris Young, Brett Savory, Jeff Robinson
Progress: 45/166pages
Steven Universe Vol. 2
Rebecca Sugar, Coleman Engle, Jeremy Sorese
Ninjasaur
Jason Horn

Horror book blog/a little extra help?

I've been asked to guest write a blog about horror books.  Over the next day or two, I'll be doing so.   Was I going to focus on categories of horror?   Self-published horror?   In the end, I decided I was going to mention the evolution of the blog - so self-published authors will be getting a shoutout - but I wanted to focus on visual horror, either graphic novels or books that were written as media-tie-ins to movies or turned into movies.

That being said, I have two questions to ask for pre-blog, and one for post-blog as far as actual writing goes.  I was going to mention both E and Gregor as examples of self-published horror.  Do you mind?   (If any other self-published horror book authors are on here, feel free to speak up if you don't mind me mentioning you.   I will be mentioning I've read E and Gregor, and I will mention that as well if I've read your work.)

Secondly, have any of you have your books optioned even if not turned into a movie?   Have your or anyone else made trailers/fan trailers that have helped you?  I will link to them if you have, and you want me to.

For post-writing, I am notorious for sucking at self-proofing.   Anyone want to give it a quick look-see?  I'll do my best, but, y'know..

So far, I'll be focusing on a couple things: Spawn (comics and movies), the Shadowman comics, Hellraiser/movies and comics/Hellbound Heart, Amanda Hocking's Hollowland adaptation of an example of visual horror gone wrong, I'll be giving a shout-out to Laird Barron, talking about Kieran's trailer for The Drowning Girl because I was at a panel for that, Hemlock Grove, The Walking Dead, House of Leaves for it's focus on visuals in the book (pictures, what he does with the layout as well as a mention of The Fifty-Year Sword which does more with the visuals), Warm Bodies, Afterlife With Archie/the Sabrina tie-in, Horrorstor for the layout/use of visuals, mention of Asylum and Perigrine's as a tie-in to that, Locke and Key, Archie Vs. Predator, Locke and Key, and Buffy/Angel/Spike comics.

I'm open to further suggestions, and I'm sure I'll come up with more as the day goes on.   Thanks, guys!

PS - feel free to reblog or mention this to other authors.   I'll comment on the reblogs to make sure I get comments there if there are any suggestions.  Thanks again!