1489 Autobots

Progress: 67/516pages
Batman (2016-) #40
Stephen King, Jordie Bellaire, Joëlle Jones
Dan Uri, Dennis Eisenberg
Vision: The Complete Series (Vision: Director's Cut (2017))
Stephen King, Mike Del Mundo, Gabriel Hernandez Walta, Michael Walsh
Fred Van Lente, Steve Kurth, Jamal Igle
Progress: 65/154pages
Amie Stuart
Progress: 14%
Starting Out with Python (4th Edition)
Tony Gaddis
Progress: 248/744pages

Got this for free on Comixology

Archie #1 - Mark Waid, Fiona Staples

I wasn't planing on reading this series, and I was more than happy to ignore all the brilliant reviews.   I mean, it's Archie.   I much preferred Sabrina's chilling tales to Afterlife with Archie.

Except this isn't really Archie.   It's got a lot more depth than the little of Archie I remember reading, and it's this depth that I like.   Archie purists, I assume, will hate this.   I'd expect this, in fact, because it's not Archie as they - or I - remember, and for me this is a good thing.

Archie and Betty are still sweet and wholesome, but there's a little more to them than that, and I don't remember feeling there was much more to them before.   It was all wholesomeness and sweetness and cheese, so much so that I felt like I was choking on it all.   This had a slight edge, not so much that it's not appropriate for children, but enough that I was into it: would Archie preform in front of others, would he get Betty again, and what was up with the lipstick incident?

I still want to know.  I'm waiting to see if there's a sale on the next couple issues, and I have far too much to read already, but this was a lot of fun.