6 Autobots

BATMAN #52 ((DC REBIRTH)) ((Regular Cover)) - DC Comics - 2018 - 1st Printing
LeeWeeksBatman52, TomKingBatman52
BATMAN #51 ((DC REBIRTH)) ((Regular Cover)) - DC Comics - 2018 - 1st Printing
LeeWeeksBatman51, TomKingBatman51
Infinity Wars: Iron Hammer (2018) #1 (of 2)
Al Ewing, Humberto Ramos
Champions (2019-) #4
Jim Zub, Jacinto Benavente
SUICIDE SQUAD #46 ((Regular Cover)) - DC Comics - 2018 - 1st Printing
JosLuisSS46, RobWilliamsSS46
JosLuisSuicideSquad45, RobWilliamsSuicideSquad45
Champions (2019-) #3
Jim Zub, Jacinto Benavente

Me not watching hockey very well part one

Invincible Iron Man (2015-) #1 - Brian Bendis, David Marquez, Justin Ponsor Angela: Queen of Hel (2015-) #2 - Marguerite Bennett, Kim Jacinto Free Comic Book Day 2015 Terrible Lizard - Cullen Bunn, Drew Moss Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur (2015-) #1 - Natacha Bustos, Brandon Montclare, Amy Reeder, Amy Reeder Armor Wars #1 - Paul Rivoche Spider-Island #1 - Christos N. Gage, Paco Diaz Drax (2015-) #1 - CM Punk, Cullen Bunn, Scott Hepburn STAR-LORD #1 MOORE HIP HOP VAR - MARVEL VENOM SPACE KNIGHT #1 CHRISTOPHER ACTION FIGURE VAR - MARVEL Transformers: Redemption - Livio Ramondelli, John Barber

Invincible Iron Man #1:

I loved it.  Mostly for his AI Friday, but yes, loved, loved, loved this reboot of his series.   It was fun, it had a lot of depth to it, and I could see myself keeping up with this series.

Five stars.

Angela: Queen of Hel #2:

Continuing to love this series.   Angela and Sera's relationship develops quite nicely, as Sera explains why she's done things as she has up until now.   And of course there's the surprise guest at the end that made me all the more excited for number three.

The art is amazing, but without the depth of feelings that Angela and Sera have for each other, without the tight writing, without full characters, the art would just be that: pretty art. As it stands, it simply highlights how a good script and good art can work with and against each other, playing off each other to take advantage of each other.

Another stunning addition to the Angela titles.   She continues to be a character to watch.

Terrible Lizard (Free Comic Book Day):

This is the backstory to Terrible Lizard and his human friend, and also explains why he doesn't kill her, or the humans around her.  I'm not sure I buy that he time traveled and imprinted on the first human he sees, but this was full of enough charm and warmth for me to roll with it for now.

I'm going to look into more of this series.

Five stars.

Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur:

Wow.   I had zero interest in this series, but picked it up on a whim at Newbury when I went in last Friday to get back my money from my subscription that wasn't put through last time.   (I spent way more than I'll get back, but everyone is always so nice to me there, and I got comics that I absolutely loved.   Win-win in my opinion.)

This may be the standout series, however.   It featured an incredibly smart girl as a protagonist - Lunella, our Moon Girl - and a dinosaur.   A Devil Dinosaur.   How could I not be hooked?   Lunella was too smart for her own good, and disappointed with much in life: her school was unchallenging, and her family didn't seem to understand her frustration, or how to help her.

And then came that thing.   That thing that was, trust me PE teacher, not a dodgeball, and no, don't shake it!   Don't!

It totally wasn't Lunella's fault that a dinosaur came tumbling out of that strange looking thing.   And Devil Dinosaur, who has been told by Moon Boy to make someone pay for his death, apparently thinks Lunella can help him, because she has that thing.

Y'know, the Nightstone, which ties into Moon Boy's history.   Impeccable in every way: the stylized art was perfection for the tone of this story, Lunella was charming in her own ostracized, loner way, and her determination to make it out of there, to make something of her intellect, only endeared me to her move.

Sadly, only five stars.   But only because no one will give me more per book.   I wish I could give this at least a thousand times this.

Armor Wars #1:

I really enjoyed this one, as well.   I loved how everyone was dependent on armor, and no one could survive without it.   It meant mech for everyone.   A mecha for everyone.   Yay!   But without an actual plot, this wouldn't really go anywhere.   What this did have was some family tension and competition, mostly between Tony and Arno Stark, and some other complications without this technologically advanced city.

Spider-Man, by the way?   Had mech.   It was awesome.

Spider-Island #1:

What if the Spider-Queen had gotten her way and infected everyone, so they were spider-people and connected to her, and had to do her bidding?   Well, now you know.   It's not pretty.

Of course, she can't get to Vision because synthezoid, and Venom's symbiote won't let the spiders through to infect him.   These two, and some as yet unaffected people, fight a desperate last stand against those they once considered friends, such as Captain America whom the queen has claimed as her king.

Exciting.   Plus, y'know, Vision.

Drax #1:

It did have a Rocket cameo, and the ThanosThanosThanos line repeated ad nauseam was funny.   It didn't do it for me quite as much as I'd hoped, or as the other comics did, though.    Not bad, and I laughed out loud, just not quite as good as Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, or Angela.

I'd be willing to give it another issue or two and if I'm not crazy about it, I'd drop this in a heartbeat.

Still, well written, some humor, and really nice art.

Star-Lord #1:

Another one that was okay, but the whole Peter Quill's backstory just doesn't do it for me.  And this is his backstory, at least so far.

Not bad, just didn't get under my skin like some comics do.

Venom, Space Knight #1:

Yet another comic that I went alright.   And?   Not bad.   The art in particular was lovely in this issue, but the whole Venom/symbiote as a champion of good is still not jiving with me.  I wanted to see if he could make it work on his own, and he can't for me.

Transformers: Redemption:

So many feels.   So, so many.   The Dinobots are given a chance to make money, and they turn it around, turn it into a redemptive moment.   So does Barricade, the Decepticon cop they consider corrupt, at least until the end.

And oh, Primus, Barricade.   I can't even talk about his storyline.    I do, however, have an exponentially larger crush on him now.

And Slug.   Yeah, let's not even talk about Slug either.   This was a pretty crushing comic. I mean, everything happened, and it made sense, but I was watching some scenes with a growing sense of horror, going, 'no, no, no, I reject that this is happening.'

So.   Many.   Feels.

I'm still emotionally recuperating from this.  I'm going to have to reread it fairly soon.