1479 Autobots
allhailgrimlock

Grimlock ♥ Vision

Mojo: Conjure Stories
Progress: 64/352pages
Releasing Rage (Cyborg Sizzle Book 1)
Cynthia Sax
Jason Horn
Curb Stomp
Ryan Ferrier, Devaki Neogi Kiran
Progress: 17/115pages

Liked the ideas, liked the execution, but where was the editing?

A Man Like Me: A Science Fiction Short Story - Austin Grisham

So, good idea, good general execution.   Bad editing.

So let's get the good out of the way: it was a thoughtful story with a twist at the end that I simply did not see.   That author played this straight throughout, so it was a pretty big shock.   The narrative ploys were all incredibly well done.

And then there was the grammar.

"He had not seen much of anything useful than some twisted metal when he noticed a large silver crate, clearly battered by the elements, but nonetheless still intact."

Missing word.

"These infernal brains of mine, why won't it let me know my past?"

Brain/it and brains/them.   But there is a definite issue here.

"'Sort of like the other day when you thought those shadows and trees was a monster?'"

Were, not was.   There's a repeated pattern here, where the tenses and numbers of things don't match up.

".)."

Choose where the period goes.   Use one per sentence, please.

And I'm kinda freaked out about this review.   He's asking for Amazon reviews, but says this:

"Your feedback is very important to me; I read every review."