I'm a well read grad student who's bluntly honest about all things, although I try to be most honest about myself.
I'm too tired to focus on anything long enough to finish anything else tonight, I think. In fact, I'm thinking about calling it a night right now. So, here's the rundown of what I read this week:
Sunday, May 17:
1. All-New Doop, 2 1/2 stars, review here.
2. Savage Hulk Volume 1, 2 stars, review here.
3. Black Women & the Marvel Girls, 4 stars, review here.
4. Ant-Man & Wasp: Small World, 3 stars, review here.
5. Star Wars Infinities: A New Hope, 4 stars, review here.
6. Star Wars Infinities: The Empire Strikes Back, 4 stars, review here.
7. Star Wars Infinities: Return of the Jedi, 4 1/2 stars, review here.
Total today: 7
Total this week: 7
Monday, May 18:
1. 4: Wolf At the Door, 4 stars, review here.
2. 4: The Stuff of Nightmares, 4 Stars, review here.
Total today: 2
Total this week: 9
Tuesday, May 19:
1. 4: Divine Time, 4 1/2 stars, review here.
Total today: 1
Total this week: 10
Wednesday, May 20:
1. 2. 4: Impossible Things Happen Every Day, review here.
Total today: 1
Total this week: 11
Thursday, May 21:
1. 4: The Resurrection of Nicholas Spark, 4 stars, review here.
2. Taken by the Gay Tank, 1/2 star, review here.
3. Young Avengers Presents, 3 1/2 stars, review here.
Total today: 3
Total this week: 14
Friday, May 22:
1. Young Avengers: Sidekicks, 4 stars, review here.
2. Young Avengers: Family Matters, 3 1/2 stars, review here.
3.Young Avengers: Style>Substance, 5 stars, review here.
Total today: 3
Total this week: 17
Saturday, May 23:
1. Young Avengers: Alternative Cultures, 5 stars, review here.
2. Young Avengers: Mic-Drop at the Edge of Time and Space, 5 stars, review here.
3. Amazing X-Men: The Quest for Nightcrawler, 3 1/2 stars, review here.
4. Amazing X-Men: World War Wendigo, 4 stars, review here.
Total today: 4
Total this week: 21
So it looks like I was right: I hit between 20 and 30 graphic novels. I also really enjoyed compiling this list. If you guys don't want to see them, I'll continue for myself, and in a Pages document. If you guys would like to see this continue, there are two options: let me know, or say nothing. (I'll take silence as, at the very least, acceptance.)
I was also correct in that Sunday's are the days when I get the most reading done. I think those are gonna be, like, my Shabbat. The day of rest. The day when I get the majority of my reading done.
I'm like halfway through a couple volumes, mostly Loki, so I foresee another strong Sunday. I'll probably finish close to seven graphic novels again, thus giving me a strong reading week in general. See you guys tomorrow. And yes, while this blog is mostly for me, I wold also like to make it a good reading experience for my friends. So, like I said, if this is going to get tired, let me know. I'm very analytical, and I mostly turn that inwards because other people tend to get annoyed if I overanalyze them. So, I'm doing this for myself.
I don't foresee this as a way to expand my reading. I do try to mix it up a little, but I'm also very obsessive and that goes hand in hand with my reading phases. I'm in a heavy Marvel/comics phase, and I don't see that ending anytime soon. I'm absolutely hooked on their subscription reading service! (And I'm still not crazy-crazy about their reader, but it's serviceable, and I've already read the subscription fee's worth of comics - at least. It's a damn good deal!)