6 Autobots

BATMAN #52 ((DC REBIRTH)) ((Regular Cover)) - DC Comics - 2018 - 1st Printing
LeeWeeksBatman52, TomKingBatman52
BATMAN #51 ((DC REBIRTH)) ((Regular Cover)) - DC Comics - 2018 - 1st Printing
LeeWeeksBatman51, TomKingBatman51
Infinity Wars: Iron Hammer (2018) #1 (of 2)
Al Ewing, Humberto Ramos
Champions (2019-) #3
Jim Zub, Jacinto Benavente

Fantastic start!

Avengers, Vol. 1: Avengers World - Jonathan Hickman, Jerome Opeña, Adam Kubert

There were some things that bothered me - like a whole bunch of storylines that felt a bit disparate, and I wanted them to tie together more quickly.   Or not be left as cliffhangers for later.   I felt it got a bit slow in the middle, too, and I really wanted to abandon this for the Age of Ultron What Ifs? I'd purchased earlier as part of a sale.    Why the hell was Spider-Man such an asshole about eating someone's food - which he tries to pass off as leftovers - and then demanding that those little punks don't call him on it?   (Wait, is this Superior Spider-Man, because that would make sense...)

Overall, however, the idea was interesting: threats are getting bigger, so how do the Avengers deal with this?   Expansion.   Expansion of the team, really.  It's an interesting idea, it's a global threat, and it's philosophical and action-packed, and the art is gorgeously realistic, while also being stylistic enough to rely heavily on crosshatching.   It's a really great graphic novel.

Why only three and a half stars then?   Certainly not the art; based on art alone, this would have garnered five stars.   However, graphic novels are a blending of art and story, and like I said, it was dragging in the middle, and one of the storylines - that I won't spoil - still doesn't quite make sense to me.   It really seemed like they pulled a Deus Ex Machina in the middle of the story, really.

So, while, yes, this was good and I have volume three waiting, this series and I need a break.   AoU What Ifs, here I come!